- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
Arsenal Plot Bargain £8m Double Swoop – Reports
According to reports, Arsenal are eyeing a bargain double swoop for Leicester City’s Jeffrey Schlupp and Villarreal striker Gerard Moreno this summer.
It’s understood that Arsene Wenger had his scouts watch Moreno in action several times throughout the course of last season and we must have liked what we saw as the 23-year-old scored an impressive 16 times as Villarreal booked their place in the Europa League.
The Mirror claims that we’re now weighing-up a surprise move for the Spanish hitman and could snap him up for a bargain fee this summer.
Moreno is about to enter the final year of his contract and he has a buy-out clause worth just £3m. Villarreal are understandably desperate to tie him down to an extension that would see his buy-out fee increase substantially, but nothing has been agreed as yet.
The Mirror also suggest that Wenger is eyeing a £5m swoop on Leicester City for versatile attacker Jeffrey Schlupp.
The 22-year-old played a key role in helping the Foxes avoid relegation and was recently named as the clubs Player of the Season, so no doubt Nigel Pearson will be keen to keep hold of him.
Schlupp is capable of playing as a left-back or a left winger so it will be interesting to see where Wenger plays him if we do end up bringing him to the Emirates.
Both Schlupp and Moreno are decent young players with potential but I don’t think either would be anything more than a squad player at Arsenal.
That’s not to say we shouldn’t push ahead with moves for them, it’s just I don’t see either having a great impact on the first team anytime soon if they do join the club this summer.