- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
Arsenal Eye £21m Swoop For Bundesliga Star – Report
According to reports in Germany, Arsenal are showing a keen interest in Wolfsburg left-back Ricardo Rodriguez this summer.
The 22-year-old has developed into one of the most highly-rated full-backs in Europe over the past couple of years and really caught the eye with some outstanding displays at last summers World Cup.
Arsenal were among a number of Premier League clubs who were linked with the Swiss international following his performances in Brazil and Arsene Wenger is believed to have been keeping a close eye on his progress over the past year.
Rodriguez has continued his excellent form for Wolfsburg this past season to help them finish second in the Bundesliga table and it seems we could be ready to formalise our interest as German publication Bild are reporting today that Arsenal are eyeing a move for the talented defender.
However, we’ll face stiff competition from the likes of Manchester United and Atletico Madrid, and will have to meet the players €30m (£21m) buy-out clause to force Wolfsburg into a sale, so any deal is far from a forgone conclusion.
This news comes amid reports suggesting Nacho Monreal could be heading back to Spain with Athletic Bilbao supposedly offering €8m for the defender, so it appears the boss is eyeing Rodriguez as a potential replacement.
I’d personally be surprised if Nacho was to leave as he’s established himself as our first choice left-back in recent months, but if he was to go then Rodriguez would be a superb addition.
Wolfsburg are already planning for life without the Swiss star as they have identified Augsburg’s Baba Rahman as a potential replacement, so a deal is there if we want it, but we’ll have to wait on developments with Monreal before we make any formal move.