- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
Alexis Sanchez On Why He Joined Arsenal & Wenger The “Legend”
Alexis Sanchez has opened up on why he opted to join Arsenal this summer and has called manager Arsene Wenger a “legend”.
The Chilean super-star snubbed reported interest from Liverpool and Juventus last summer in favour of making a £35m move to Arsenal from Barcelona.
The 26-year-old has enjoyed a sensational debut season here in England with his 24 goals and 11 assists helping us finish third in the league and in with a chance of retaining the FA Cup this weekend.
Sanchez has now been speaking to BT Sport ahead of the show-piece event at Wembley and opened-up on why he chose to join Arsenal last summer.
“The reason why I moved to Arsenal is because there were a group of young players with the ambition to achieve things,” he said.
“I thought that Arsenal was the perfect club for me, the perfect club to win titles and compete in every competition.” source
Sanchez also took the time to praise manager Arsene Wenger, calling him a ‘legend’, and says the boss takes good care of him, even if he doesn’t let him train as much as he would like. He continued:
“He [Wenger] is a legend. He is an Arsenal legend. You learn from him every day. Sometimes we discuss about things like I would like to train more, and he doesn’t let me! But he definitely looks after me.”
It’s incredible how quickly Alexis has managed to settle here in England and it seems much of that is down to what he describes as the “joyful atmosphere” in the dressing room, but the attacker is keen for even more success next season:
“Yes there is a joyful atmosphere in the dressing room,” he told BT Sport.
“Arsenal is a magnificent club and I hope to win many titles here. I’m going to do my very best to help the club achieve success.”
“It has been a positive season but I have still got ambitions to win more,” he said.
“I would like to be closer to winning the Premier League title and get further in the Champions League.
“Every time I play I do it with the same motivation. I want the team to grow more and to compete in every competition we play.”
Sanchez is not only a world class footballer but he seems a genuinely nice bloke too. Let’s hope he can finish-off an excellent season by lifting some silverware at Wembley this weekend!