- Arsenal team news: double blow ahead of Sunderland + Ramsey update
- Duo to miss key game: My 4-2-3-1 Arsenal line-up v Sunderland
- Arsenal blow: Attacker ruled out for 6 weeks with ankle injury
- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
Ratings: Walcott & Wilshere On Fire As Arsenal Thrash West Brom 4-1
Arsenal ended the Premier League season in style after thrashing West Brom 4-1 at the Emirates this afternoon.
The first half was as good as we’ve been all season with Theo Walcott helping himself to a hat-trick while Jack Wilshere capped off an excellent display with a stunning goal.
We took our foot off the gas in the second half and allowed West Brom a consolation but a 4-1 win was the perfect way to warm up for the FA Cup final.
Here are my ratings:
Ospina 5/10 | Nothing to do for 56 minutes then flapped at a cross to gift them a goal. Almost made another howler when he completely misjudged a long shot but luckily did enough to flick it on to the bar. Shouldn’t be our No.1 next year in my opinion.
Bellerin 7/10 – Always keen to get forward and join in the attacks. Not a lot to do defensively.
Gabriel 7/10 – In for the rested Koscielny and didn’t look out of place. Fairly comfortable afternoons work.
Mertesacker 7/10 – Dealt with West Brom’s limited threat with ease. Wasn’t under any pressure for most of the game.
Gibbs 7/10 – Wasn’t as involved as Bellerin going forward but put in a solid shift. Looked like he may have picked up a shoulder injury. Let’ shop not.
Coquelin 7/10 – One of his easier games in the holding role as the visitors offered very little threat. Still did his job well though and used the ball efficiently.
Cazorla 7.5/10 – Back on form after a poor few games. Always involved and provided a couple of assists. Went close to getting on the score-sheet himself too.
Wilshere 8/10 – Excellent performance. Sensational strike to make it 3-0 and he ran the show in the first half. Put himself in contention for a start next week.
Ozil 7.5/10 – Grabbed an assist for Wilshere’s goal and threw in a couple of lovely dummies. Wasn’t as creative in the final third as we’d have liked but he was overshadowed by Wilshere/Walcott.
Alexis 7.5/10 – Worked tirelessly as always and was a threat when he was on the ball.
Walcott 9/10 – Outstanding. Stunning opener from a tight angle, clever finish for the second and on hand to tap home his third. Staked his claim for a starting spot at Wembley. I’d certainly play him after this display.
Ramsey 7.5/10 – Almost scored two when he hit the post twice late on.
Giroud 5/10 – Barely remember him touching the ball in his 20 minutes on the field.
Oxlade-Chamberlain 6/10 – On for the last 15 and looked a little rusty. Great to see him back though.