- Arsenal team news: double blow ahead of Sunderland + Ramsey update
- Duo to miss key game: My 4-2-3-1 Arsenal line-up v Sunderland
- Arsenal blow: Attacker ruled out for 6 weeks with ankle injury
- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
Arsene Wenger Offers Injury Update On Oxlade-Chamberlain & Welbeck
Arsene Wenger has given an injury update on Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and Danny Welbeck after both players missed Arsenal’s 0-0 draw with Sunderland last night.
The Ox hasn’t featured since injuring his hamstring against Man Utd back in March and his comeback has been delayed by further groin and hamstring trouble.
It looks like the 21-year-old is finally on the comeback trail as the boss confirmed after last nights draw with Sunderland that the midfielder is now back in full training.
However, it doesn’t sound like he’ll be ready for next weekend’s FA Cup final as Arsene says he’s unsure if The Ox will be fit for England’s double header in June.
Welbeck is also in a race against time to put himself in contention to face Aston Villa as he continues to nurse a knee injury but the boss says we should know more when he has a test this weekend.
Wenger told Arsenal.com:
on Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain…
Alex is coming back into full training. He’s not completely ready yet. I can’t tell you if he will be available to go with England.
on Danny Welbeck…
Welbeck has a test on Saturday or Sunday. We’ll know more about it then.
It doesn’t sound too promising for Oxlade-Chamberlain and it will be a real blow if he’s not available for the Cup final as I think we’ve missed him in recent weeks.
Welbeck has also been sorely missed as Giroud looks jaded and we could have done with another option in attack. Let’s hope Danny is able to play a few minutes against West Brom and put himself in contention for the Cup final.