- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury concern + Sanchez update
- 6 Arsenal players named in the Champions League Team of the Week
- [Tweets] Ozil, Ox & more: Arsenal players celebrate after CL win
- [Video] Mesut Ozil arrives home with his hat-trick match ball
- Ratings: Hat-trick hero Ozil shines as Arsenal thrash Ludogorets
- Video: Arsenal 6-0 Ludogorets: Ozil bags hat-trick in rout
- Teams: Arsenal v Ludogorets: Gibbs & Coquelin start
- [Tweet] Arsenal ace ‘can’t wait’ to play as he closes in on comeback
Arsenal Open Talks Over Deal For Top Target, Player Wants Move
Chelsea goalkeeper Petr Cech is edging closer to joining Arsenal…..
According to reports today, Arsenal are edging closer to signing Petr Cech after opening formal transfer talks with Chelsea over a £10m deal.
Cech is set to leave Stamford Bridge after losing his place to Thibaut Courtois this season and the 32-year-old confirmed earlier this month that he’s not prepared to spend another year as a No.2.
The likes of Arsenal, Man Utd and PSG have all been strongly linked with a move for the experienced Czech international and the players agent, Viktor Kolar, told reporters on Monday that the keeper would be interested in joining any of the three clubs.
Kolar was quoted as telling a Czech journalist:
“Arsenal, United or PSG are all top clubs. And Petr would like to join one of them – definitely.”
“Petr expects that Abramovič not Mourinho will decide about his future, based on their mutual agreement from last year.”
It appears we’ve now put ourselves in pole position to seal a deal as the Mirror are one of several media outlets who are reporting today that Arsenal have opened formal talks with Chelsea over a possible £10m deal.
The paper states that Cech’s preferred move would be Arsenal as he wants to remain in London, so the ball is now firmly in Arsene Wenger’s court to get a deal agreed.
Chelsea are not expected to stand in Cech’s way if he makes it clear he wants to join a domestic rival as Roman Abramovich has a gentleman’s agreement with the keeper to let him move wherever he wants as a reward for 11 years of loyal service to the club.
Wenger remained coy when asked about his interest in Cech yesterday but his wry smile tells its own story and it’s safe to say we have firm interest.
So with Chelsea willing to sell at a reasonable price, Cech seemingly keen and Wenger wanting to sign him, a move to the Emirates is a real possibility this summer.
I’ve said many times in recent weeks that Cech would be a superb addition as we’d finally have a world class goalkeeper who is a major upgrade on Ospina and Szczesny, so I’m one Gunner who’s praying we can get this deal agreed.