- Arsenal team news: double blow ahead of Sunderland + Ramsey update
- Duo to miss key game: My 4-2-3-1 Arsenal line-up v Sunderland
- Arsenal blow: Attacker ruled out for 6 weeks with ankle injury
- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
Arsenal Duo Named In England’s Under-21 Squad For Euro Finals
Arsenal duo Calum Chambers and Carl Jenkinson have been named in the provisional England Under-21 squad for this summers European Championship Finals.
The Three Lions will head for the Czech Republic next month and boss Gareth Southgate has named his 27-man squad at a press conference this morning – which will be cut to 23 by June 2.
Chambers inclusion comes as no surprise as he played a major role in the qualifying stages and is expected to be pushing for a starting spot in Southgate’s team this summer.
The 20-year-old was a regular for Arsenal during the first half of the season following his move from Southampton last summer, so he’s got plenty of top flight experience under his belt.
Chambers has found first team football harder to come by since the turn of the year as Hector Bellerin has made the right-back spot his own so it will be good for Calum to play some competitive football this summer.
Jenkinson has enjoyed an excellent season on loan at West Ham and he too is expected to be pushing for a start in the England side at the Euro finals.
Whether he has a long-term future at the Emirates remains to be seen but we’ll wish Jenks all the best this summer.
Thankfully there was no place in Southgate’s squad for Jack Wilshere or Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain as they are considered full senior internationals, so they can look look forward to a summer of rest.
Here is the squad: