- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
- Team News: Arsene Wenger offers update on Ramsey & Giroud
- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury concern + Sanchez update
- 6 Arsenal players named in the Champions League Team of the Week
Team News: Wenger’s Update On The Ox, Debuchy, Welbeck & Koscielny
It’s been another busy day of team news at Arsenal so I’ll bring you a round-up off all the latest updates from Arsene Wenger…..
The boss held his pre-match press conference this morning ahead of tomorrow nights clash with Sunderland and he gave news on Mathieu Debuchy, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Danny Welbeck and Laurent Koscielny.
Let’s start with Kos and the defender was considered as a doubt to take part on Wednesday night after going down with the flu following our draw at Man Utd at the weekend.
However, after Arsene spoke to the media this morning, the French centre-back was able to take part in training this afternoon so it looks as though he should be in contention to face the Black Cats.
There was less positive news on Debuchy as the right-back is still not back in full training yet following a hamstring injury so he’s certainly going to be missing tomorrow night.
He’ll be joined by Oxlade-Chamberlain on the sidelines as although the midfielder is said to be ‘progressing well’, he’s still not fit enough to return to first team action.
The Ox has been missing for over two months due to hamstring and groin problems and he’s now facing a race against time to get himself fit for the FA Cup final.
Another player who is taking longer than expected to get back to fitness is Welbeck as he’s still out with what was initially thought to be a minor knee injury.
Arsene admits that as he’s still not in full training yet, time is also running out for him to make himself available for the trip to Wembley next weekend.
Here is what the boss told Arsenal.com:
on Mathieu Debuchy…
He’s not in full training yet. He will be in full training on Friday.
on Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and Danny Welbeck…
They are progressing well but they will not be available for Wednesday.
on whether they will be fit for the FA Cup final…
I don’t know yet, let’s see how they all recover next week. Danny Welbeck is not available yet, he is not in full training, so I honestly don’t know. They all have to get fit very quickly now because there is not a long way to go [to the final].
on the latest team news…
We have an uncertainty about Laurent Koscielny that we will check today. Everybody else I will know a bit more about after training. Yesterday [Monday] was a recovery day and we have not trained a lot. Today we will know much more.