- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
Arsenal Tipped To Land Spanish Star In Cut-Price €15m Deal
According to reports, Arsenal are ready to land Spanish attacker Pedro Rodriquez in a cut-price €15m deal this summer.
We’ve enjoyed an excellent second-half to the season and are on course to finish third in the league but Arsene Wenger is still expected to be busy in the transfer market as he looks to find two or three top class players to turn us into genuine title challengers.
One player who’s been constantly linked with a move to the Emirates in recent years is Barcelona attacker Pedro, and it seems the boss is set to renew his interest again this summer.
The Telegraph are reporting that Barca are prepared to cash-in on the 27-year-old at the end of the season and have lowered their asking price to just €15m (£10.8m), with Arsenal believed to be leading the chase for his signature.
Pedro has found first team action hard to come by this season as the likes of Luis Suarez, Lionel Messi and Neymar are all ahead of him in Luis Enrique’s pecking order so a move this summer looks to be on the cards.
I think he’d be a very useful signing for Arsenal as he can play anywhere across the front three positions and he’s a real threat in front of goal. Despite his bit-part role at the Nou Camp, Pedro has still managed to score 98 goals and provide 61 assists in his 315 games for the club.
However, we’ll face some stiff competition for his signature as the Telegraph claim that Manchester City are among those who have also been alerted to his potential availability.
In my opinion, any deal for Pedro will depend on the future of Theo Walcott so the boss is likely to delay any move for the Spanish international until we find out whether Theo will be signing a new deal.