- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
Pre-Man Utd Team News: Wenger On Welbz, Rambo, Ox, Arteta & Debuchy
Arsene Wenger has given a team news update ahead of Arsenal’s trip to Manchester United this weekend and it seems like we could be without up to five first team players.
Despite some media reports suggesting otherwise, the boss confirmed to Arsenal.com that Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain is still not ready to return to the squad.
The Ox has been out since injuring his hamstring against United in our FA Cup clash back in March. That issue aggravated a groin injury and although he’s back in full training, it seems the midfielder is still not considered ready for a playing return.
Mathieu Debuchy is also still unavailable as he continues to work his way back to full fitness following a hamstring injury while Mikel Arteta is still not match fit after over five months out with an ankle problem.
Aaron Ramsey is also a doubt as he’s not been in training this week after picking up a knock, but the boss is hopeful he’ll be in better shape on Friday.
The papers all claim that Danny Welbeck will be fit to face his former side on Sunday but Arsene doesn’t seem so sure, as he says the attacker only has a ‘little possibility’ to be available.
Welbeck has missed the last two games with a knee injury and despite previously saying he should return against United, Wenger now says he still looks short of fitness.
Here is what the boss told Arsenal.com:
on team news…
Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Mathieu Debuchy and Mikel Arteta are not ready. Danny Welbeck has a little possibility to be fit. Aaron Ramsey is not in training yet but he should be better tomorrow. I don’t think we have any big injuries, maybe Welbeck will be available but at the moment he looks short.
I don’t know how long the others will be out for, it’s difficult to say, but hopefully they will play again this season.
It sounds as though Ramsey should be available but it would be a real blow if Welbeck was ruled out again. We lacked options up front against Swansea and Danny will be a useful player to call upon if needed this weekend, so let’s hope he’s passed fit.