- Arsenal blow: Attacker ruled out for 6 weeks with ankle injury
- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
Team News: Wenger On The Ox, Ramsey, Welbeck, Debuchy & Arteta
It’s been another busy day of team news at Arsenal so I’ll bring you a round-up of the latest ahead of our clash with Swansea City on Monday night.
Arsene Wenger spoke to the media this morning and gave an update on several of his players to Arsenal.com.
Unfortunately the boss revealed that Aaron Ramsey is a major doubt to take on the Swans after suffering a fibula injury during our win at Hull on Monday night.
The midfielder was among the goals during our 3-1 victory at the KC Stadium but it seems he picked up a knock during the game which has prevented him training this week, so he’s just 50:50 to play on Monday.
Danny Welbeck is certain to miss the game as he continues to nurse a knee injury and he’s on the sidelines along with Mathieu Debuchy, with the full-back still out with a hamstring injury.
The game will also come too soon for Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain. He’s been in full training for over a week but is still lacking match fitness so he won’t feature against Swansea.
Neither will Mikel Arteta as he too is still working his way back to full fitness after over five months out with an ankle injury.
Here’s what Wenger told the clubs website today:
From the Hull match we had Ramsey who took a big kick, he is getting slowly better. We have an uncertainty about him, he got a big knock on his fibula and we’ll see about that. Yes [ he is 50/50]. No [he hasn't trained this week], not at all. He has not been out yet. [But yes] Ramsey will play again this season.
He will play again this season. He had all the scans and medical checks, and there was nothing major, just an inflammation. For the weekend he will be certainly short but for the game after he should be alright.
He is still out, he’s progressing but not available.
on the rest of the team news…
Chamberlain is not available, Arteta will be short so it will basically be a similar squad [to the one that faced Hull].
If Ramsey is ruled out then it could mean a first start in over five months for Jack Wilshere. He looked lively off the bench against Hull so he could come in to the eleven on Monday.
Otherwise I’d expect a similar side to be put out by the boss.