- Arsenal team news: double blow ahead of Sunderland + Ramsey update
- Duo to miss key game: My 4-2-3-1 Arsenal line-up v Sunderland
- Arsenal blow: Attacker ruled out for 6 weeks with ankle injury
- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
Arsenal ‘Certain’ They Can Land Petr Cech As Part Of Double Swoop
According to reports, Arsenal are ‘certain’ they can land Petr Cech this summer as part of a double swoop that will also see Morgan Schneiderlin join the club.
Arsene Wenger has been impressed by how David Ospina has coped since being named No.1 in January but with Wojceich Szczesny’s future in serious doubt after his demotion, the boss is on the look-out for another keeper.
We’ve been strongly linked with a move for Cech after he went public with his frustration at being Thibaut Courtois understudy this season, and the Czech international has confirmed he’ll look for a move this summer.
The Daily Mail claim that we are ready to make a formal enquiry over his availability and are confident Chelsea will allow the 32-year-old to join us as it’s been suggested the Blues will let the long-serving stopper have a free choice over his next club.
The Mirror actually go one further and claim that Arsenal are ‘certain’ that Cech will move to the Emirates this summer, but we’ll have to wait and see whether that will be the case.
The Mail suggest that Cech’s potential signing will be as part of a double swoop with Morgan Schneiderlin our other main transfer target.
The midfielder is expected to leave Southampton this summer after confirming he wants to play for a Champions League club and Ronald Koeman has said he’ll let the player leave if he makes it clear he wants to go.
I’d be in dream land if Arsenal were able to sign Cech and Schneiderlin this summer. While Ospina has done well, I don’t think there is any doubt Cech is an upgrade and he’d be a superb addition if we could persuade Chelsea to do business.
I’ve said for many weeks that Schneiderlin would be my preferred midfield signing and that hasn’t changed, so hopefully we don’t mess about and just get that deal wrapped up early-on in the summer.
With these two on board, and perhaps another forward, we’d be genuine title contenders next season….