- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
Team News: Wenger Offers Update On The Ox, Debuchy, Arteta & Diaby
It’s been another busy day of team news at Arsenal so I’ll bring you a round-up of all the latest team and injury news ahead of Monday’s game with Hull.
Arsene Wenger was in front of the media this morning and he confirmed that Mathieu Debuchy is highly unlikely to make the trip to the KC Stadium after picking up a hamstring injury in training this week.
The injury isn’t a serious one so he could return to face Swansea City next weekend, but Hector Bellerin is now expected to once again start at right-back on Monday.
Arsene also confirmed that Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain isn’t ready to make his long-awaited return. The midfielder is back in full training after two months out with hamstring and groin injuries but he’s still lacking match fitness.
Abou Diaby is another who’s back in training after another lengthy injury absence but he too is still not considered fit enough to play for the first team.
The final update was on Mikel Arteta with Wenger confirming that the Spaniard is slowly progressing but he still needs more time to get his fitness up after over five months out wit an ankle injury.
Here is what the boss told Arsenal.com:
on the latest news…
We have a full squad available, the only one who is really a doubt is Mathieu Debuchy. Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain is not completely ready, nor Diaby, but they both practice in full training sessions now. We have no major injuries apart from Debuchy.
He has a little hamstring problem. Monday could be too early for him. He got the injury in training.
on the rest of the squad being fit…
We are at a period of the season where it’s going to be important to have everybody on board and to see everyone fit makes us stronger. We are on a good run, we want to keep it going and the fact that we have plenty of [selection] opportunities is very interesting for me.
on Arteta’s availability…
He makes progress week by week, but he needs more time.
So it will be much the same squad that drew against Chelsea last weekend. I’d expect Arsene to make a couple of changes to freshen things up with the likes of Danny Welbeck and Theo Walcott pushing for recalls.