- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
- Team News: Arsene Wenger offers update on Ramsey & Giroud
- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury concern + Sanchez update
Arsenal Handed Boost In Pursuit Of €45m Star, Player Open To Move
According to reports in Spain, Arsenal have been handed a major boost in their pursuit of Isco with the play-maker apparently happy to quit Real Madrid this summer.
Speculation in the press earlier this month suggested that we were lining-up a move for the Spanish international but many thought we wouldn’t have a chance of luring him away from the Bernabeu.
However, the Metro are citing reports from Spain that claim the 22-year-old is open to leaving Madrid as he’s struggled to establish himself following his move from Malaga.
The likes of James Rodriguez, Gareth Bale and Cristiano Ronaldo all ahead of him in Carlo Ancelotti’s pecking order and there have even been suggestions that he’s fallen out with the Madrid boss.
Reports claim that the European champions are willing to cash-in as long as their €45m (£32.9m) asking price is met as they want to make room for a big-money swoop for Paul Pogba.
So, with Madrid happy to sell and Isco prepared to leave, Arsenal are now clear to make their move as long as Arsene Wenger is willing to pay the going rate to land the 22-year-old.
Will the boss pay €45m for another attacker this summer? I have my doubts as surely there must be other areas of the squad we need to strengthen first? Unless someone leaves of course.
There has been plenty of talk about Santi Cazorla heading back to Spain while Theo Walcott’s future is also in serious doubt, so perhaps we’re looking at Isco as a replacement for one of those two players?
If so, he’d be a superb signing if we could manage to bring him to the Emirates but there’s a long way to go before he’s an Arsenal player, so we’ll have to see how things develop as we approach the opening of the summer window…