- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
Arsenal Lead Race For £10m Star, Player ‘Leaning’ Towards Move
Arsenal are leading the race for Petr Cech’s signature with the Chelsea keeper understood to be ‘leaning’ towards a move to North London, so say the Mirror.
Cech is set to leave Stamford Bridge this summer after falling behind Thibaut Courtois in Jose Mourinho’s pecking order this season.
The 32-year-old has already confirmed he’s not prepared to act as a No.2 again next year so will seek talks with Chelsea this summer to come to an amicable solution.
Arsenal are among a whole host of clubs who’ve been strongly linked with a move for the shot-stopper in recent months but the Mirror claim that us and PSG are now the clear favourites.
The Ligue 1 champions are supposedly in talks with Cech’s agent trying to tempt him with a big-money deal that’s worth at least £120,000-a-week.
However, the Mirror claim that Cech is ‘leaning’ towards a move to Arsenal as he’d prefer to remain in London where his family are settled.
The paper suggests that Chelsea will demand £10m for the Czech international – which would be absolute no-brainer IF they’ll do business with us.
There has been plenty of speculation suggesting that the soon-to-be Premier League champions will allow Cech to choose his next club , even if it’s a direct rival. If this turns out to be the case, then I think Arsene Wenger would be mad to turn down this opportunity.
The boss has clearly lost faith in Szczesny and while Ospina has been solid enough in recent months, I don’t think there’s a doubt that Cech would be an upgrade.
So if we could snap him up for £10m, then we’d finally have a truly world class goalkeeper for the first time in many years. Throw in Schneiderlin and another striker and I think we’ve got a squad capable of winning the league next season.