- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
Arsenal In Race To Sign €30m German International
According to reports, Arsenal are still in the race to try and sign Borussia Dortmund midfielder Ilkay Gundogan this summer but face some stiff competition.
Dortmund are set to cash-in on Gundogan this summer after he rejected their offer of a contract extension – with his current deal about to enter it’s final year.
Speculation earlier this month suggested that Arsene Wenger was lining-up a €30m bid for the German international as he looks to strengthen his midfield options this summer.
It looked as though we may have missed out as reports over the weekend claimed that the player had opted to sign for Manchester United after they had supposedly agreed a fee with Dortmund.
However, fresh reports coming from German publication Bild suggest that Gundogan’s signature is still up for grabs but they say that Arsenal will have to battle it out with United, Real Madrid and Atletico Madrid.
That’s some serious competition, so realistically our chances of signing the midfielder aren’t great. If he wants to play in the Premier League, then we have a decent shot due to our German connection, but not many players turn down Madrid.
However, I said last week that Gundogan wasn’t my first choice midfield target as Schneiderlin and Kondogbia would be much higher on my personal wish-list, so I won’t lose too much sleep if we do miss out on the 24-year-old.