- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
Arsenal Handed Fitness Boost Ahead Of Chelsea Clash
Arsenal have been handed a major injury boost as according to reports today, Per Mertesacker has passed a late fitness test and will start against Chelsea this afternoon.
Mertesacker was considered as a doubt for the game after being forced off with an ankle injury during last weekend’s FA Cup semi-final win over Reading.
Arsene Wenger claimed at his press conference on Thursday that the German international was rated as just 50/50 to take part at the Emirates today.
However, Mertesacker took part in full training on Saturday [see photos of him training here] and reports circulating today are claiming that the 30-year-old has passed a late fitness test and will start alongside Laurent Koscielny in defence against the Blues.
We don’t have too long to wait to find out how accurate these rumours are as the teams will be announced at 3pm, so we’ll bring you the official line-ups when they are revealed….