- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
- Team News: Arsene Wenger offers update on Ramsey & Giroud
- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury concern + Sanchez update
- 6 Arsenal players named in the Champions League Team of the Week
- [Tweets] Ozil, Ox & more: Arsenal players celebrate after CL win
- [Video] Mesut Ozil arrives home with his hat-trick match ball
Photos: Injury Doubt Trains With Arsenal Squad Ahead Of Chelsea Game
Per Mertesacker took part in training on Saturday ahead of Arsenal’s crucial clash with Chelsea at the Emirates on Sunday afternoon.
The German international was considered a major doubt for the game after being forced off during last weekends FA Cup semi-final win over Reading with an ankle injury.
Arsene Wenger said at his press conference on Thursday that the centre-back would be given a late fitness test, but only gave his chances of playing as 50/50.
However, it looks as though Per has increased his chances of being in contention after taking part in training with the rest of the squad today.
If Mertesacker fails his late fitness test, then Gabriel is set to fill-in alongside Laurent Koscielny.
Here are some photos of Mertesacker in training on Saturday courtesy of Arsenal.com: