Arsenal Set To Miss Out On €30m Ace Despite Holding Formal Talks

By on April 25, 2015

Arsenal look set to miss out on the signing of Ilkay Gundogan despite reportedly holding formal talks about a potential move this summer.

Gundogan is about to enter the final year of his deal and is expected to leave Borussia Dortmund this summer after turning down a contract extension.

Reports last week in Germany suggested he could be heading for the Emirates as Arsenal were understood to have held ‘concrete talks’ over a potential move with Arsene Wenger said to be lining-up a formal offer.

However, it seems we could be set to miss out as fresh reports from German outlet Der Westen claim that Manchester United have now agreed a €30m (£21.5m) fee and Gundogan is expected to sign a contract over the coming days.

If that’s not enough, Sky Sports are also suggesting a deal with Utd is close, so it looks like the German international will now be heading for Old Trafford this summer and not North London.

Obviously until the deal is signed, there is still time for us to hijack the move, but it sounds as though we’ll have to act quickly and that’s not really the bosses style.

He rarely gets pushed into deals and would prefer to take his time to assess his options, so if these reports are accurate, then it looks like we can strike Gundogan off our target list.

I said last week that he was behind the likes of Schneiderlin and Kondogbia on my personal wish-list, so I won’t lose too much sleep over it if Gundogan does join United – as long as we land one of the aforementioned midfielders!


One Comment

  1. Pingback: Arsenal In Race To Sign €30m German International | Arsenal Station | Arsenal FC News

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>