- Arsenal blow: Attacker ruled out for 6 weeks with ankle injury
- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
Arsenal Invincible Urges Wenger To Complete This £25m Deal
Ray Parlour has urged Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger to sign Southampton midfielder Morgan Schneiderlin this summer.
The French international has been strongly linked with a move to the Emirates in recent months after impressing at the heart of the Saints midfield over the past two seasons.
Reports earlier this week suggested that the boss has cooled his interest in the £25m-rated midfielder due to the emergence of Francis Coquelin during the second half of the campaign.
However, Arsenal invincible Ray Parlour believes it would be a mistake to let Schneiderlin slip through our fingers as he feels the 25-year-old would be the perfect addition and suggests he could be our ‘new Gilberto’.
When asked if Schneiderlin would be a good signing for Arsenal, Parlour told reporters:
“Perfect. Absolutely yes.”
“I’ve watched him a few times this year at St. Mary’s, and against Chelsea. I thought he did a great job in front of the back four.
“He always wants the ball even if there are players around him, he’s not scared to take the ball – which is great if you’re a centre-half.
“Defensively, he is tactically very good. When the ball goes wide you can see him dropping into the back two to make a three. So when balls are going in there’s an extra defender there – Gilberto Silva did that during the unbeaten season.
“He knows the Premier League, he’s not got to settle and would be perfect for Arsenal in that midfield area.”
As terrific as Coquelin has been, I must say I agree with Parlour. Schneiderlin would be the perfect midfield signing for us this summer and I hope Arsene goes all-out to sign him.
He’d have a tough job taking Coquelin’s place in the first team but we need depth in the holding role and we can even play both in some away games or matches against the top teams.
Schneiderlin has already confirmed he’ll look to join a Champions League club this summer while Ronald Koeman has admitted they’ll have to sell, so everything is in place for us to push ahead with a deal. Or that remains is for Wenger to make the call…..