- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
Arsenal Eyeing €28m Move For ‘New Vieira’ – Reports
According to reports coming out of France, Arsenal are eyeing a move for Monaco midfielder Geoffrey Kondogbia this summer.
We were linked with the 22-year-old when he left Sevilla in the summer of 2013 but missed out after he made a €24m (£17m) move to Monaco.
He’s continued to develop into one of the most exciting midfielders in Europe over the past couple of seasons and was an absolute beast during Monaco’s shock 3-1 win at the Emirates in the Champions League back in February.
It seems Wenger is ready to renew his interest as the Metro are citing reports coming from L’Equipe who claim that we are leading the race for his signature this summer.
However, we’ll face stiff competition from the likes of Real Madrid, Atletico Madrid, Valencia and Liverpool with the quartet also believed to be interested.
Kondogbia is a powerful midfielder who’s been likened to Arsenal legend Patrick Vieira due to his size and style of play, and I’d love to see him come to the club this summer.
Monaco aren’t the big-spenders they were two seasons ago as the owner has stopped pumping money into the club and they’ve been selling off their best players over the past year, so it wouldn’t be a surprise to see Kondogbia sold too.
The Metro suggest the Ligue 1 club would want around €28m (£20m) for his signature, which seem a relative bargain in today’s market, so if he is available for that price we should be biting their hands off.