- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
Arsenal Eye Move For Argentinean International Defender – Report
According to reports today, Arsenal are ready to battle-it-out with Tottenham and Atletico Madrid over the signing of River Plate defender Emanuel Mammana.
The 19-year-old came through the youth system at River Plate before breaking into the first team set-up in January 2014.
His impressive displays have not only seen him earn his first international cap for Argentina, but he’s also attracting interest from Europe.
The Telegraph are reporting that Arsenal are showing a keen interest and are ready to battle it out with Tottenham and Atletico Madrid over his signature this summer.
Mammana is predominantly a centre-back but is also capable of playing at right-back and Arsenal scouts supposedly believe he has a bright future ahead of him.
River Plate certainly have a rich history for producing top talent with the likes of Gonzalo Higuain, Javier Mascherano, Hernan Crespo, Pablo Aimar and Erik Lamela all coming through their youth system in recent years.
It seems Mammana is set to follow his compatriots in heading for Europe this summer with Arsenal among those leading the chase.
However, even if we manage to beat Spurs and Madrid to a deal, the youngster is highly unlikely to qualify for a UK work permit, so we’ll have to send him out on loan for a few years in order for him to qualify for an EU passport.