- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
Arsenal Cool Interest In £25m Star But Remain Keen On Petr Cech
According to a report in the Mirror today, Arsenal have cooled their interest in Morgan Schneiderlin but remain keen on signing Chelsea goalkeeper Petr Cech this summer.
Schneiderlin has long been linked with a move to Arsenal with reports in recent months suggesting that he was one of Arsene Wenger’s key targets ahead of the summer window.
The French international has already confirmed he’ll look for a move to a Champions League club at the end of the season and reports have suggested that he favours a switch to Arsenal over the likes of Manchester United.
Saints boss Ronald Koeman also admitted last week that it’s going to be tough for them to keep hold of the £25m-rated midfielder, so everything looked to be in place for Schneiderlin to come to the Emirates this summer.
However, according to Mirror journalist John Cross, Arsene is now cooling his interest in signing the 25-year-old due to the emergence of Francis Coquelin in recent months.
Cross suggests that with Mikel Arteta set to pen a new one-year deal and Coquelin now a first team regular, the boss is likely to turn his attention to strengthening others areas of the squad.
Cross has a mixed record when it comes to reporting on Arsenal transfer news but I hope this is one story he’s got wrong. Yes, Coquelin has been outstanding but we need depth in the holding role and Schneiderlin would be an excellent signing.
I’m personally still hopeful Arsene will bring him in this summer as I’d be gutted to see him head to somewhere likes Old Trafford, but I suppose we’ll have to wait and see.
One piece of good news from the Mirror’s report is that they claim we are still keen on signing Chelsea’s Petr Cech.
The Czech international is expected to leave Stamford Bridge and with Wojciech Szczesny out-of-favour, he could be on the way out meaning we’ll need to sign a new keeper and Cech would be the perfect candidate.
Despite reports to the contrary, I’m personally still not convinced that Jose Mourinho or Chelsea will do business with Arsenal, but if they are then we should bite their hands off.