- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
Arsenal Ace Struggling To Be Passed Fit For Chelsea Game
The Mirror are reporting that Arsenal centre-back Per Mertesacker is struggling to be passed fit in time to face Chelsea this weekend.
The German international was forced off midway through the second half of our FA Cup semi-final victory over Reading on Saturday evening.
The 30-year-old was seen leaving Wembley wearing a protective boot on his left ankle after tacking a heavy tackle neat the half way line.
Arsene Wenger admitted after the game that the initial signs weren’t good and the Mirror are now claiming that Mertesacker is facing a race against time to prove his fitness.
The paper also states that the player himself fears he won’t recover in time for Sunday’s huge top-of-the-table clash at the Emirates.
If Per does miss out, then Gabriel will start alongside Laurent Koscielny, and although the Brazilian has shown promise since joining in January it would still be a huge blow to lose such an experienced player.
Mertesacker has his critics, but there’s no doubt he is a valuable member of the squad and has captained the side wonderfully well during Mikel Arteta absence in recent months, so hopefully he can recover quickly and be in contention to face Chelsea on Saturday.