- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury concern + Sanchez update
- 6 Arsenal players named in the Champions League Team of the Week
- [Tweets] Ozil, Ox & more: Arsenal players celebrate after CL win
- [Video] Mesut Ozil arrives home with his hat-trick match ball
- Ratings: Hat-trick hero Ozil shines as Arsenal thrash Ludogorets
- Video: Arsenal 6-0 Ludogorets: Ozil bags hat-trick in rout
- Teams: Arsenal v Ludogorets: Gibbs & Coquelin start
- [Tweet] Arsenal ace ‘can’t wait’ to play as he closes in on comeback
Arsene Wenger Eyeing Bargain Move For English Starlet
According to reports, Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger is eyeing a bargain swoop for Birmingham City’s highly-rated winger Demarai Gray.
The 18-year-old is considered as one of the hottest young properties outside of the Premier League after breaking into the Birmingham first team over the past 18 months.
With 6 goals and a string of impressive displays for the Championship outfit, Gray has been attracting interest from a whole host of top clubs in recent months.
City have been desperately trying to agree terms over a new deal but with the attacker set to enter the final year of his contract in June, he seems likely to leave this summer on the cheap.
The Mirror are reporting that Arsenal have now joined the chase for Gray’s signature and Arsene Wenger is hoping to snap him up for as little as £3m at the end of the season.
With similar talents like Wilfried Zaha going for £12m in recent years and all English youngster coming at a premium, it would be a real bargain if we could land Gray for just £3m.
He’s predominantly a left-winger but is also capable of playing on the right, and he’s tipped for a bright future in the game having already played for the England Under-19′s.
I’m sure we’ll face some stiff competition but the newspapers suggest Arsene is ready to step up his interest in the hope to lure the youngster to the Emirates, so fingers crossed we manage to land him.