- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
Arsenal Eye Move For €48m Spanish Attacker – Reports
According to reports today, Arsenal have been put on red alert with Real Madrid ready to listen to offers for €48m-rated attacker Isco this summer.
The Spanish international has struggled to make an impact at the Bernabeu this season with the likes of James Rodriguez, Gareth Bale and Cristiano Ronaldo all ahead of him in the pecking order.
The 22-year-old has been playing more regularly in recent weeks due to Rodriguez being out injured and he played the full ninety minutes during Madrid’s 3-1 win over Malaga yesterday.
However, he failed to impress and with Rodriguez now fit after his broken foot, it looks like Isco is heading back to the bench during the season’s run-in.
The Mirror are reporting today that Madrid are ready to cash-in on the attacker this summer in order to help fund moves for either Paul Pogba or Marco Veratti, and they believe that Arsenal are among the teams interested.
Madrid will supposedly listen to offers in the region of €48m (£35m) but we’ll face competition from Manchester City, with the soon-to-be former Premier League champions also keen on luring him to England.
I’m a huge fan of Isco’s and obviously he would be an excellent addition to the squad if we could get a deal agreed with Madrid this summer, but it would be interesting to see where he’d fit in to Arsene Wenger’s line-up.
He could perhaps be viewed as a replacement for compatriot Santi Cazorla – with reports constantly linking him with a return to Spain – but he’d more likely be a replacement for Theo Walcott.
The winger is clearly out-of-favour under Arsene and with his contract set to enter it’s final year, speculation suggests he’ll be on the move this summer. If that’s the case, then Isco would be a superb signing and a front three of him, Ozil and Sanchez behind Giroud is a frightening prospect.
However, there’s a long way to go before he’s an Arsenal player so we’ll have to see how things develop as we approach the opening of the summer window…