- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
“It Doesn’t Look Too Good” – Wenger Gives Mertesacker Injury Update
Arsene Wenger has said that Per Mertesacker’s injury ‘doesn’t look too good’ after the German international was forced off during our FA Cup win over Reading.
Mertesacker took a heavy challenge to the ankle shortly after the Championship side equalised early in the second half and he limped from the field to be replaced by Gabriel Paulista.
Speaking to Arsenal.com after the game, Arsene Wenger confirmed the centre-back has suffered an ankle injury and believes the initial signs aren’t good.
The boss said:
on Per Mertesacker…
He has an ankle problem. He is limping badly so that doesn’t look too good.
I’m sure Per will have tests on the ankle over the coming days so we’ll have to keep an ear out for further updates, but it seems the BFG is set for a spell on the sidelines.
Thankfully, Gabriel came in and helped us secure a 2-1 victory over Reading today so he could now be set to partner Laurent Koscielny against Chelsea at the Emirates next Sunday.