- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
Arsenal Boss Confirms Forgotten 24-Year-Old Will Start At Wembley
Arsene Wenger has confirmed that Wojciech Szczesny will start for Arsenal in our FA Cup semi-final against Reading this weekend.
Szczesny has been brutally dropped from the first team since our loss at Southampton on New Years Day with David Opsina now firmly established as Arsenal’s No.1.
The 24-year-old has been a peripheral figure in 2015 and has been restricted to making just three appearances over the past four months with all of those coming in the FA Cup.
It seems that trend is set to continue as Wenger confirmed at his press conference this morning that Szczesny will start against Reading on Saturday evening.
The boss told Arsenal.com:
on his goalkeepers…
It will be Szczesny [who plays] on Saturday.
on Szczesny not playing in the FA Cup last season…
But he has played in the last round. This season he has played at Man United and he had a very good performance. I believe it’s important that the two goalkeepers get competition and he will get competition in the FA Cup now, as long as Ospina plays in the Premier League.
Szczesny did play well against Man Utd in the quarters so hopefully he can put in another solid display at Wembley this weekend.
It won’t be easy for him coming in to such a huge occasion and I just hope he isn’t too rusty, but hopefully we can restrict the Championship side to limited opportunities in front of goal.