- Arsenal team news: double blow ahead of Sunderland + Ramsey update
- Duo to miss key game: My 4-2-3-1 Arsenal line-up v Sunderland
- Arsenal blow: Attacker ruled out for 6 weeks with ankle injury
- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
Arsenal Interested In Signing Man Utd Flop, According To Sky Sports
It looks like silly-season has started early this year as Sky Sports ‘sources’ are claiming that Arsenal are interested in signing Manchester United flop Tom Cleverley.
Cleverley will be a free agent at the end of the season when his contract at Old Trafford expires and it seems there is plenty of interest in his services.
The 25-year-old is currently on a season-long loan at Aston Villa and Tim Sherwood is desperate to make the deal a permanent one this summer.
However, according to Sky Sports ‘sources’, Arsenal have joined Villa along with Tottenham, Everton, West Ham and 4 other European teams in showing an interest in the midfielder.
I mean Cleverley? Really?! Surely we’ve got aspirations a lot higher than Tom bloody Cleverley this summer?
He was a total flop at United but has shown flashes of his ability at Villa Park and a permanent move to them or West Ham would make sense.
A club like Everton or Spurs would be the highest level for him in my opinion but he’d get nowhere near our team. Jack Wilshere is going to struggle to get back into Arsenal’s starting eleven so I’m not sure where Cleverley would fit in.
It looks like we will be bringing in a central midfielder this summer as at least two of Abou Diaby, Mikel Arteta and Mathieu Flamini are expected to leave, but I hope Arsene Wenger has more ambitious plans than to sign Cleverley.
Sky Sources: Villa, Everton, Spurs, West Ham & Arsenal are interested in signing Tom Cleverley, and 4 European teams have made offer #SSNHQ
— Sky Sports News HQ (@SkySportsNewsHQ) April 15, 2015