- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
Arsenal’s Forgotten Man Set To Start At Wembley After Injury Hell
Mathieu Debuchy is set to make his long-awaited injury comeback during Arsenal’s FA Cup semi final against Reading on Saturday evening.
The French international has endured an injury-plagued first season at the club following his £12m move from Newcastle United last summer.
After making an impressive start to his career in North London, he fractured his ankle after just six appearances and was ruled out for over three months.
Debuchy then made his return to action in December but this time he lasted seven games before dislocating his shoulder against Stoke back in January.
However, the 29-year-old is now back to full fitness and the Daily Star claim that Arsene Wenger has decided to rest Hector Bellerin for Saturday’s FA Cup semi final and will hand Debuchy his first start in over three months.
Many fans seem to have forgotten about Debuchy due to the emergence of Bellerin but the Frenchman is an excellent player who I actually feel we’ve missed greatly at times this season.
I must admit I’m a little concerned if the Daily Star’s report is accurate as Debuchy will still be lacking in match fitness and it’s a huge game to throw him in to, but his experience should help him through the game.
It will be a bit of a kick in the teeth for Bellerin though as he deserves to start at Wembley after playing such an important role in recent months.