- Arsenal team news: double blow ahead of Sunderland + Ramsey update
- Duo to miss key game: My 4-2-3-1 Arsenal line-up v Sunderland
- Arsenal blow: Attacker ruled out for 6 weeks with ankle injury
- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
Arsenal Discuss Personal Terms Ahead Of Potential £29m Striker Deal
According to reports, Arsenal are discussing personal terms with the agent of Gonzalo Higuain ahead of a potential £29m move this summer.
We came close to signing Higuain before he eventually left Real Madrid for Napoli in the summer of 2013.
However, Arsene Wenger has maintained his interest and it looks like he’s ready to make his move again with the striker understood to be unsettled in Italy.
The likes of Liverpool and Manchester United have been credited with interest but it seems we’re now considered as favourites to land the Argentinean international.
The Daily Star are citing reports coming out of Spain that claim Arsene has opened formal talks with Higuain’s brother – who is also his agent – and is already discussing personal terms.
It’s not made clear whether we’ve been given permission by Napoli to hold these talks, but the newspaper suggests that the boss is preparing a £29m bid for the 27-year-old at the end of the season.
Who knows how much truth there is behind these reports but Higuain would be a great signing. Despite the excellent form of Giroud, and the fact we’ve also got Welbeck and Sanchez, I think we need another top striker this summer to have a squad capable of winning the title of Champions League.
Higuain is a world class goal scorer with career stats of 199 goals in 392 games so there’s no doubt he’d bring a real goal threat to the team, so I’d be glad to see him arrive at the Emirates this summer.