- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
- Team News: Arsene Wenger offers update on Ramsey & Giroud
- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury concern + Sanchez update
Team News: Wenger On Wilshere, Debuchy, Koscielny, The Ox & More
It’s been another busy day of injury and team news at Arsenal so I’ll bring you a round-up of all the latest news….
Arsene Wenger conducted his pre-match press conference this morning ahead of Saturday’s clash with Burnley and gave an update on the fitness of his squad.
The boss was pleased to announce that Diaby, Arteta and Wilshere are all fit and available after coming through a run-out for the U21′s on Tuesday.
I personally don’t think any of the trio will start against Burnley but it will be good to have them back in contention as it can only further strengthen the squad.
Arsene also confirmed that Debuchy is available again after overcoming a dislocated shoulder but having been out of action for over three months, I don’t think we’ll see him oust Bellerin at right-back just yet.
Szczesny and Koscielny will both face late fitness tests on rib and thigh injuries respectively. It sounds like both players will be passed fit but I’d give Kos a rest and start Gabriel at Turf Moor this weekend – see the line-up I’d go with here.
The only bad news that came from Wenger’s update was that Oxlade-Chamberlain is still at least two weeks away from full fitness as he’s still struggling with a hamstring injury.
Here’s what the boss told Arsenal.com:
on Diaby, Arteta and Wilshere…
They came through the game on Tuesday well. They were at a good level physically and they should all be available from now on until the end of the season hopefully.
Debuchy is alright. I can only play three players over 21 [in the under-21 league] so he is physically fit and ready. He lacks a bit of a competitive edge but overall he has no medical problems.
He has a chance to be fit this weekend.
It’s a thigh problem, a little hip problem linked with the thigh. He will have a test today to see how far we can go with him. He had a scan yesterday and that looks quite good. The real test will be outside today.
He’s still out for at least two more weeks.
on the rest of the squad’s availability…
Everybody else seems to be available.
So the squad is in excellent shape with The Ox the only player currently in the treatment room. Hopefully this is a sign of things to come for Arsenal as there’s no doubt we’re a much stronger outfit when we can keep our players fit!