- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
Ratings: Arsenal 4-1 Liverpool: Ozil Outstanding, Coquelin A Beast
Arsenal cruised to a 4-1 victory over Liverpool at the Emirates this afternoon thanks to superb goals from Hector Bellerin, Mesut Ozil, Alexis Sanchez and Olivier Giroud.
Here are my ratings:
Ospina 6/10 – Made a smart save to deny Can at his near post but should have saved Henderson’s penalty.
Bellerin 7.5/10 – Lovely goal and was excellent at right-back. He kept Sterling quiet for much of the game but did give away a silly penalty.
Mertesacker 7/10 – Used his brain to ensure his lack of pace wasn’t exposed. A fine display overall.
Koscielny 7/10 – Was having a good game before being subbed just after half time with a tight groin. Hopefully it’s not too serious.
Monreal 7/10 – Played a bit too close to his centre-backs at times but was otherwise solid enough.
Coquelin 8/10 – Another outstanding display. Made numerous interceptions and snuffed out danger in the middle of the park. Huge player for us these days and proved he can do it in the big games.
Cazorla 7/10 – Showed some lovely touches and almost got on the score-sheet when he struck the post.
Ramsey 7/10 – Played out on the right side for much of the game. Wasn’t really that influential but still worked hard before being subbed with a slight knock.
Ozil 8.5/10 – MOTM. Superb free-kick to make it 2-0 and played a stunning pass to set-up Bellerin for his goal. Turned up in a big game and bossed it.
Alexis 8/10 – Back to his best. Thunderous strike for the third goal and he never stopped working. He did still hold on to the ball too long at times but otherwise excellent.
Giroud 7.5/10 – Got his reward for a hard-working display with a lovely late goal. 10 in 10 for him now.
Gabriel 7/10 – Slotted in seamlessly after replacing Kos at the break.
Flamini 6.5/10 – Lucky to escape without a card for a late tackle.
Welbeck 7/10 – Lively late cameo from the attacker.
So a huge win secured and now we’re up to second in the table. Champions League football is almost in the bag for next season as we’re now nine points clear of fifth-placed Liverpool with a better goal difference.
If we can keep this sensational form up until the end of the season, who knows where we could end up…..