- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
Italian Ace Welcomes Interest From Arsenal Boss Arsene Wenger
Juventus defender Daniele Rugani has welcomed interest from Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger.
We were linked with the Italian under-21 international during the January transfer window before we eventually signed Gabriel Paulista from Villarreal.
However, reports have suggested the boss has maintained an interest in Rugani as he looks to further strengthen his options at centre-back this summer.
The 20-year-old has now admitted that he’s flattered to catch the eye of a ‘great coach’ such as Wenger, but it seems we may have a tough time luring him to the Emirates as he claims he’s settled in Turin.
Rugani is quoted as saying:
“Wenger wants me? It’s gratifying to know that such a great coach was interested,” he told Italian paper Tuttosport.
“But honestly I’m glad to have been redeemed by Juventus, I’ve been a Juventino since childhood and I hope to stay in Turin for 10 years.”
We’ll have to wait and see if Juventus want to keep hold of him as he’s currently out on loan at Empoli and his future will be reviewed at the end of the season.
So while Rugani may see his future with Juve, they may have other ideas which could see him made available for transfer this summer.
The 20-year-old is highly regarded in Italy and is tipped to break into the senior national team squad soon, so he could be a useful back-up to the likes of Koscielny and Gabriel next season if we managed to get a deal done.
However, I have a feeling Arsene will only bring in another centre-back if Mertesacker leaves, so we’ll have to see what the German giant decides to do this summer.