- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
Arsenal Have ‘Made Enquiries’ Over Brazilian Attacker – Reports
According to reports, Arsenal are among the clubs who’ve made enquiries over the availability of Shakhtar Donetsk attacker Douglas Costa.
Costa is widely expected to leave the Ukrainian champions this summer after making it clear he wants a move and he’s been strongly tipped to head for the Premier League.
Chelsea were reportedly close to signing him during the winter window and speculation suggests Jose Mourinho will renew his interest this summer.
However, the Mirror claim that while the Blues remain favourites and are understood to be lining-up a £20m offer, Arsenal are apparently among the clubs who have ‘made enquiries’ over the Brazilian international’s situation.
Obviously the club will be making enquiries for several players over the coming months so we’ll just have to wait and see if Arsene Wenger decides to make a formal move for Costa or turn his attention to another target.
The 24-year-old is a great talent and has been hugely impressive for Shakhtar over the past couple of seasons, so he could be an interesting option in my opinion.
While he’s capable of playing anywhere across the front three positions, the Brazilian is mainly a right-sided attacker so if we do go for him then he’d probably be viewed as a replacement for Theo Walcott – should he leave this summer.
However, Costa has already confirmed that Chelsea would be his preferred destination so I have a feeling he’ll end up going to Stamford Bridge this summer.