- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury concern + Sanchez update
- 6 Arsenal players named in the Champions League Team of the Week
- [Tweets] Ozil, Ox & more: Arsenal players celebrate after CL win
- [Video] Mesut Ozil arrives home with his hat-trick match ball
- Ratings: Hat-trick hero Ozil shines as Arsenal thrash Ludogorets
- Video: Arsenal 6-0 Ludogorets: Ozil bags hat-trick in rout
- Teams: Arsenal v Ludogorets: Gibbs & Coquelin start
- [Tweet] Arsenal ace ‘can’t wait’ to play as he closes in on comeback
Arsenal Handed Boost In Pursuit Of €20m Spanish Defender
Arsenal have been handed a boost in their pursuit of full-back Jose Gaya after he turned down a new contract from Valencia.
We were strongly linked with a move for Gaya back in January but it’s believed Arsene Wenger delayed making a formal move due to Nacho Monreal’s improved form in recent months.
However, with speculation constantly linking Monreal with a move back to Spain this summer, reports have suggested the boss will renew his interest in Gaya at the end of the season and is ready to trigger his €20m (£15m) buy out clause.
Valencia are desperate to keep hold of him and have been working hard to try and negotiate a new contract that would not only see the 19-year-old handed a huge pay rise, but it would also see his buy-out clause increase significantly.
However, the Mirror claim that Gaya has now rejected their latest offer meaning we can still snap him up for just €20m this summer.
The youngster has been in sensational form for Valencia this season and if Nacho does decide he wants to head back to Spain this summer, then Gaya would be an excellent replacement.
But we aren’t the only one’s interested as the likes of Chelsea and Real Madrid are also thought to be keeping a close eye on him, so we’ll have to wait and see whether we’ll be able to win the race for his signature.