- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
Arsenal Duo Take On Fellaini & Kane For Player of the Month Award
Arsenal duo Francis Coquelin and Olivier Giroud have been nominated for the Player of the Month Award for March.
Giroud was in superb form last month, scoring six goals in six appearances, as the Frenchman netted against Everton, QPR, West Ham and Monaco before bagging both goals during our 2-1 win at Newcastle before the international break.
The only game he failed to find the target in was our FA Cup win at Manchester United, and that’s mainly because he only featured in the final 15 minutes at Old Trafford.
Francis Coquelin also continued his fine form last month as he put in consistently excellent displays to help us keep three clean sheets in our six matches.
The duo have been nominated for the monthly award along with Man Utd’s Marouane Fellaini, Liverpool midfielder Jordan Henderson, Aston Villa attacker Gabby Agbonlahor and Tottenham striker Harry Kane.
Kane’s the media darling right now so it wouldn’t surprise me if he wins the March Player of the Month, but for me the winner is easy; Giroud.
Hopefully we can bag a deserved double as Arsene Wenger is also up for the manager award.
BREAKING: Olivier Giroud, Francis Coquelin, Agbonlahor, Harry Kane, Marouane Fellaini and Henderson nominated for player of the month #SSNHQ
— Sky Sports News HQ (@SkySportsNewsHQ) April 1, 2015