- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
Arsenal Star Scoops Double After Winning March Player & Goal Awards
Olivier Giroud has bagged a double after being named as Arsenal’s Player of the Month for March just 24 hours after winning the Goal of the Month Award.
Giroud has been in sensational form all month and scored opening goals during wins against both Everton and Queens Park Rangers.
The Frenchman then scored a stunner against West Ham – which was named as the Arsenal Goal of the Month – before netting during our 2-0 win over Monaco in the Champions League.
The 28-year-old finished off an impressive month with both goals during our 2-1 win at Newcastle before the international break making it six goals in all competitions in March.
Arsenal have now announced that Giroud won the Player of the Month Award by a landslide victory, finishing with a staggering 73.7% of the votes with Coquelin (10%) and Ozil (5.9%) coming in second and third respectively.
Olivier thoroughly deserves his award and hopefully he can continue his fine form when we take on Liverpool at the Emirates on Saturday afternoon.
Here is Giroud’s Goal of the Month versus West Ham which saw him fire into the top corner after some excellent link-up play between Ramsey and Ozil: