- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
Arsenal Poised To Raid Barcelona For €22m Attacker
Pedro has long been linked with a move to the Emirates and speculation has been intensifying that we’ll once again renew our interest at the end of the season.
The 27-year-old has voiced his frustration at his bit-part role at the Nou Camp and is believed to be ready for a new challenge after spending over a decade with the Catalans.
Recent reports have suggested that Arsene Wenger was hoping to persuade Barca to cash-in on the attacker and now the Mirror claim that the Spanish giants have told us they will as long as their €22m (£15m) valuation is met.
Pedro has just over a year left on his current deal so it seems Barca want to sell him now while they can still demand a decent fee, despite the fact they want be able to sign a replacement due to their transfer ban.
It’s difficult to know how much truth there is behind this latest newspaper report but I think Pedro would be an absolute bargain if we could snap him up for just £15m.
Our interest seems to have developed as Theo Walcott’s future at the club is uncertain, so I’m guessing that Arsene sees Pedro as a potential replacement if we’re forced to sell Theo this summer due to his on-going contract stand-off.
However, while I think Pedro would be an excellent addition, we will face stiff competition from the likes of Liverpool and Juventus, so we’ll need to act fast if we want to stand a chance of luring the Spaniard to the Emirates.