- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury concern + Sanchez update
- 6 Arsenal players named in the Champions League Team of the Week
- [Tweets] Ozil, Ox & more: Arsenal players celebrate after CL win
- [Video] Mesut Ozil arrives home with his hat-trick match ball
- Ratings: Hat-trick hero Ozil shines as Arsenal thrash Ludogorets
- Video: Arsenal 6-0 Ludogorets: Ozil bags hat-trick in rout
- Teams: Arsenal v Ludogorets: Gibbs & Coquelin start
- [Tweet] Arsenal ace ‘can’t wait’ to play as he closes in on comeback
Arsenal Eye £30m Double Swoop For Midfielder & 20-Goal Striker
According to reports in the Mirror, Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger is lining-up a double swoop for Southampton midfielder Victor Wanyama and Anderlecht striker Aleksandar Mitrovic.
Arsene is expected to bring in another holding midfielder this summer and we’ve been strongly linked with Morgan Schneiderlin over the past year or so.
However, the Mirror report suggests that it is in fact his Southampton team-mate Wanyama that Wenger has his eye on and we’re ready to table a £20m bid for the Kenyan international.
As much as I like the 23-year-old, I would personally prefer we go for Schneiderlin, but either player would be an excellent addition to the squad this summer.
The newspaper also claims that we’re looking to splash £10m on Anderlecht hitman Mitrovic after Arsene sent his scouts to watch him in action in recent months.
The 6ft 2in striker has drawn comparisons to Didier Drogba for his style of play so he’d be a superb signing if he turned out to be half as good as the Chelsea man.
Mitrovic has scored an impressive 20 goals in 37 appearances so far this season while he’s also chipped in with 5 assists for his team mates.
He’s a proper target man so he’d would offer some depth behind Giroud if he was to make the move to the Emirates this summer.
£10m seems like a reasonable price but I’d like to see us be a bit more ambitious. If we’re going to sign a striker, why not go for a world class one who is an upgrade on Giroud rather than a squad player?
But hey, it’s not my decision so we’ll have to wait and see what Arsene decides to do….