- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
Arsenal Hit By Fresh Injury Blow Ahead Of Liverpool Game
The international curse has struck once again as Danny Welbeck is considered a doubt to take on Liverpool next weekend having picked up a knee injury playing for England.
Danny was in excellent form for his nation having grabbed a goal and an assist during the 4-0 rout of Lithuania at Wembley last night.
However, the 24-year-old limped off with 10 minutes remaining and boss Roy Hodgson confirmed after the game that Welbeck has suffered a knee injury.
He’ll be assessed by the medical team but has already been ruled out of England’s friendly against Italy on Tuesday and is therefore a doubt for our clash with Liverpool four days later.
“It’s two blows in a way because I’ve always known Raheem Sterling has been waiting for an injection in his toe – he has been playing through an injury for a while now,”
“If we’re unlucky we’re going to lose him and Welbeck, which is a blow for us, not only because they played well tonight but because they’re an important part of a system that we’re trying to play.
“Welbeck’s injury towards the end of the game which will probably keep him out of Tuesday’s game, it’s a little bit unfortunate for a game that means a lot to us going back to Italy that we are going to be short of a few players,”
“It’s a tweak to the knee, he’s being assessed by the medical staff now. We won’t get a clear idea until tomorrow. The medical staff have given me the impression they aren’t terribly worried but Tuesday may be too soon.” Hodgson told reporters.
So we should know more later today on how bad Welbeck’s injury is but hopefully it’s nothing too serious. It would be a big blow if he were to miss the Liverpool game as he’s just starting to get back into some good form in recent weeks.