- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
Surprise Arsenal Player Named In Premier League Team Of The Week
Calum Chambers has surprisingly been named in the WhoScored Premier League Team of the Week but there’s no place for two-goal hero Olivier Giroud.
Chambers played the entire ninety minutes as we ground out a hard fought 2-1 victory over Newcastle United at St James’ Park on Saturday afternoon.
I personally didn’t think the youngster had a great game but the stats proved otherwise as he was awarded an impressive overall score of 8.60 – which was the highest of any defender in the league over the weekend.
Unfortunately, Olivier Giroud didn’t make it into the Team of the Week despite his two-goal haul as his starman score of 9.00 was beaten by Manchester City striker Wilfried Bony and Tottenham’s Harry Kane – who bagged a hat-trick during their fortunate 4-3 win over Leicester.
Danny Welbeck (8.20) and Gabriel Paulista (8.00) were two other players who received very strong scores and just missed out on a place in the featured eleven.
Check out the Team of the Week here: