- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
Ozil parties in Germany hours after being too ill for Arsenal duty
Mesut Ozil apparently spent Saturday night partying in a Berlin nightclub just after after being ruled out of Arsenal’s win at Newcastle due to illness.
Ozil was expected to line-up at St James’ Park on Saturday afternoon but was a surprise exclusion from the squad with the club confirming he was left out due to illness.
You may have pictured Mesut wrapped up in bed on Saturday night with a hot water bottle watching Arsenal highlights on Match of the Day as he tried to overcome his ailment.
However, according to Germany publication Bild, Ozil was in fact at Berlin nightclub “The Pearl” where he was partying with his ‘marketing staff’.
The article doesn’t state why Ozil was out or what the occasion was, but it probably wasn’t the best idea considering he skipped our match because he was meant to be too ill to play.
Bild claim the 26-year-old only has a minor cold and will be fit to play for Germany against Australia on Wednesday night.
I’m assuming Arsenal gave Ozil permission to head back to Germany on game-day, but I’m not sure Arsene Wenger will look too kindly on him for going out on the town just hours after missing an important game.