- Preview: Sunderland v Arsenal, duo ruled out, Ox starts + prediction
- Team News: Wenger on Walcott, Monreal, Cazorla, Ramsey & more
- Arsenal overlooked by Sky as date confirmed for EFL Cup clash
- [Photos] Arsenal injury doubt trains today but no sign of key duo
- Arsene Wenger: 3 key Arsenal players could miss Sunderland game
- Arsenal boss confirms huge injury blow but midfielder returns
- Arsenal team news: double blow ahead of Sunderland + Ramsey update
- Duo to miss key game: My 4-2-3-1 Arsenal line-up v Sunderland
- Arsenal blow: Attacker ruled out for 6 weeks with ankle injury
- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
Photos: Arsenal Ace Steps Up Injury Return After Training Today
Arsenal skipper Mikel Arteta stepped up his return from injury after taking part in training with the rest of the first team today.
Arteta has missed almost four month of the season after suffering a calf injury against Borussia Dortmund back in November.
His comeback was further delayed by an ankle problem but the Spaniard returned to light training along with Mathieu Debuchy last week, with the duo doing some individual fitness work away from the rest of the squad.
It seems Arteta has now stepped up his comeback after being snapped taking part in training with the rest of the lads on Friday afternoon.
Arsene Wenger hinted in his team news update yesterday that the midfielder was likely to need at least two weeks full training before he’d be in contention, so Arteta could be available to face Liverpool after the international break.
Tomas Rosicky was also in training today after Wenger said he could return to the squad for tomorrow’s clash with Newcastle after recovering from illness.
Here are some photos of Arteta and Rosicky in action at Friday’s training session courtesy of Arsenal.com: