- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
- Team News: Arsene Wenger offers update on Ramsey & Giroud
- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury concern + Sanchez update
Arsenal Duo Join Messi In Champions League Team of the Week
Arsenal duo Hector Bellerin and Laurent Koscielny have been named in the WhoScored Champions League Team of the Week after their performances against Monaco.
The whole team put in an excellent display at the Stade Louis II Stadium on Tuesday night as we came agonisingly close to overturning the 3-1 first leg defeat.
Goals from Olivier Giroud and Aaron Ramsey secured a 2-0 victory and we had chances to grab the vital third goal, but failed to take them and crashed out on the away goals rule.
While the likes of Mesut Ozil and Santi Cazorla impressed in the game, it was two of our defenders who have made it in to the WhoScored Champions League Team of the Week.
Bellerin was a constant threat down the ring flank, playing as an out-and-out winger for much of the game, and the young Spaniard makes it in to the back four with a score of 8.07.
Koscielny was once again a rock at the back as he marshalled the defence to a fairly easy clean sheet after snuffing out the attacking threat of Berbatov and the Frenchman’s score of 8.32 sees him also line-up in defence.
The boys join the likes of Lionel Messi, Neymar and Carlos Tevez in the Team of the Week while it’s no surprise to see Man City’s Joe Hart keep goal after his heroics against Barcelona last night.