- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
Arsene Wenger Confirms Duo Will Miss Monaco Game But Gabriel Returns
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has confirmed that Tomas Rosicky and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain will miss tomorrow’s Monaco game but Gabriel Paulista returns to the squad.
We already knew that The Ox would be ruled out of the game after suffering a hamstring injury during our 2-1 FA Cup victory over Manchester United last week.
However, it’s a blow to hear that Rosicky has once again missed out. The Czech international has sat out the last two games due to illness and he was expected to be back in contention to face Monaco tomorrow night.
But Wenger has confirmed to reporters at his pre-match press conference this evening that Rosicky wasn’t in the travelling party that left London on Monday afternoon.
There was some positive news from the boss though as he revealed that Gabriel is back in the squad after recovering from a hamstring injury that he picked up against QPR two weeks ago.
I wouldn’t expect the Brazilian to start as he’s only had a couple of days training under his belt but he could be a useful player to have on the bench tomorrow if things go our way.
At Arsene Wenger's pre-match press conf in Monaco. He says Gabriel is in squad, but Rosicky (sick) & Oxlade-Chamberlain haven't travelled
— Oliver Kay (@OliverKayTimes) March 16, 2015