- Preview: Sunderland v Arsenal, duo ruled out, Ox starts + prediction
- Team News: Wenger on Walcott, Monreal, Cazorla, Ramsey & more
- Arsenal overlooked by Sky as date confirmed for EFL Cup clash
- [Photos] Arsenal injury doubt trains today but no sign of key duo
- Arsene Wenger: 3 key Arsenal players could miss Sunderland game
- Arsenal boss confirms huge injury blow but midfielder returns
- Arsenal team news: double blow ahead of Sunderland + Ramsey update
- Duo to miss key game: My 4-2-3-1 Arsenal line-up v Sunderland
- Arsenal blow: Attacker ruled out for 6 weeks with ankle injury
- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
Ratings: Ramsey & Giroud Outstanding As Arsenal Beat West Ham 3-0
Arsenal secured an impressive 3-0 victory over West Ham at the Emirates this afternoon thanks to goals from Olivier Giroud, Aaron Ramsey and Mathieu Flamini.
Here are my ratings:
Ospina 6/10 – Decent stop to deny Nolan midway through the first half but otherwise had little to do in terms of shot-stopping. Distribution was good once again.
Chambers 7/10 – Poor defensively but lively going forward and put in some dangerous crosses.
Mertesacker 7/10 – A composed performance from the big man. Positioned himself well to make a few key clearances.
Koscielny 8/10 – Excellent display. Dealt with everything the Hammers had to throw at us. A total boss.
Monreal 7.5/10 – Another impressive shift from the ever-reliable Spaniard.
Coquelin 7.5/10 – Bossed the midfield again. Won his duels and made some vital tackles to break up play. Really growing into a top class holding mid.
Ramsey 9/10 – Superb performance form Rambo. Grabbed the assist for the opening goal and sealed the three points with a lovely second following some excellent link-up play with Giroud. Back to his best today.
Walcott 6.5/10 – Showed some great movement but had a nightmare in front of goal. Missed three glorious chances in the first half, although he should have won an early penalty following a challenge from Collins. Still not near his best yet.
Ozil 7.5/10 – Very good from the German, especially in the first half. Played a big part in the build up for the opening goal and showed his class when on the ball. Final pass wasn’t always there in the second half and made a bizarre decision to pass when well placed to shoot.
Alexis 6.5/10 – Went close with a volley in the first half and was a danger on some break-away’s, but wasn’t at his best today.
Giroud 8/10 – Excellent. Showed some lovely link-up play, particularly with Ramsey. Opened the scoring with a lovely strike into the top corner before grabbing an assist in the second half.
Welbeck 6.5/10 – Got into some dangerous positions but lacked a final product.
Cazorla 6.5/10 – Grabbed an assist for the third goal.
Flamini 7/10 – Only on for a few minutes but wrapped up the win with a third goal.
So our eighth victory in a row at the Emirates. We’ve now moved four points clear of Man Utd and are just a point behind Man City ahead of their game with Burnley this evening.
We’re certainly in great form so who knows, perhaps we can pull off a miracle against Monaco on Tuesday….