- Arsenal overlooked by Sky as date confirmed for EFL Cup clash
- [Photos] Arsenal injury doubt trains today but no sign of key duo
- Arsene Wenger: 3 key Arsenal players could miss Sunderland game
- Arsenal boss confirms huge injury blow but midfielder returns
- Arsenal team news: double blow ahead of Sunderland + Ramsey update
- Duo to miss key game: My 4-2-3-1 Arsenal line-up v Sunderland
- Arsenal blow: Attacker ruled out for 6 weeks with ankle injury
- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
Italian Attacker: “I Am Gratified By Arsenal’s Interest”
Stephan El Shaarawy has claimed he’s “gratified” by Arsenal’s interest in signing him this summer but insists he’s only focus on doing well for AC Milan.
We’ve long been linked with El Shaarawy and rumours have once again resurfaced in recent weeks suggesting Arsene Wenger could make a move for the 22-year-old at the end of the season.
The Italian international has been on the sidelines for over five weeks after breaking his metatarsal back in January but he’s now edging his way back to full fitness.
The forward has responded to reports linking him with a move to the Emirates by saying he’s “gratified” by Arsenal’s interest but insists his only aim right now is to regain full fitness and help Milan.
He told reporters:
“I am recovering well, later this week I should be removing the cast and then the rehabilitation process can begin.”
El Shaarawy has struggled for both form and fitness this season with the attacker scoring just once for an AC Milan side that currently sit way down in tenth place in the Serie A table.
This follows another injury-hit campaign last season that restricted him to just 9 appearances in all competitions, so based on his injury record it seems like he already has ‘Arsenal DNA’.
In all seriousness, an injury-prone player is the last thing we need and with just 23 appearances and two goals over the past two seasons, El Shaarawy may be someone we should avoid this summer.