- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
Wenger Confirms This Player Will Start Against Man Utd, If He Passes Fitness Test
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has confirmed that Wojciech Szczesny will start against Manchester United on Monday as long as he passes a fitness test today.
Szczesny has been axed as our No.1 with David Ospina starting every Premier League game since our loss at Southampton on New Years Day.
However, the Polish international has featured in both FA Cup games against Brighton and Middlesbrough and Arsene confirmed at his press conference this morning that Wojciech will face United as long as he can prove his fitness.
Szczesny failed to make the bench for Wednesday’s trip to Queens Park Rangers due to illness so he’ll face a fitness test this afternoon to determine whether he’ll be able to start at Old Trafford.
I’ve been calling for Szczesny to be recalled in recent weeks as I wasn’t convinced by Ospina, particularly after the loss at home to Monaco where I thought he could have done better for all three goals.
However, the Colombian’s excellent display against Everton showed just how quickly things can change in football and the pressure is really on Szczesny if he wants to reclaim the No.1 shirt.
He can not afford to miss these sorts of opportunities. If he fails his fitness test and we lose at United, he might not get another chance to impress this season, so fingers crossed he’s passed fit and he puts in a top performance on Monday.
— Arsenal FC (@Arsenal) March 6, 2015