- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
- Team News: Arsene Wenger offers update on Ramsey & Giroud
- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury concern + Sanchez update
- 6 Arsenal players named in the Champions League Team of the Week
- [Tweets] Ozil, Ox & more: Arsenal players celebrate after CL win
- [Video] Mesut Ozil arrives home with his hat-trick match ball
Confirmed: Wenger Rules Arsenal Defender Out For Up To 3 Weeks
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has confirmed that Gabriel Paulista will miss Monday’s FA Cup clash with Man Utd after being ruled out for up to three weeks with a hamstring injury.
Gabriel made just his second Premier League start since joining the club in January when he lined-up alongside Per Mertesacker against Queens Park Rangers on Wednesday night.
However, the Brazilian lasted just 37 minutes after going down clutching his leg and the boss said after the game the centre-back would undergo scans before we’d know how serious the injury was.
Speaking to the media at his pre-match press conference this morning, Arsene has now confirmed that Gabriel has been ruled out for two-to-three weeks meaning he’ll miss Monday’s huge FA Cup clash at Old Trafford.
He’ll also sit out league games against West Ham and Newcastle, as well as our Champions League second leg against Monaco.
Nacho Monreal missed the win at Loftus Road with a minor back injury but Arsene has also revealed that the Spaniard could be back in the squad to face United, but will have a fitness test today.
The boss told reporters:
— Arsenal FC (@Arsenal) March 6, 2015
At Colney. Wenger: "Gabriel has a hamstring injury and he will be out for 2-3 weeks. Monreal might come back – he has a test today."
— James Olley (@JamesOlley) March 6, 2015